Hood Struggles (paperback) Kevin Guillard
Impression Books Online

Hood Struggles (paperback) Kevin Guillard

Regular price $5.00 $0.00 Unit price per
Shipping calculated at checkout.
In a place where Drugs, Domestic Violence, Incarceration, H.I.V-Aids, and Murders are found and encountered on a daily basis, America tends to omit the struggles of the ghetto. This is a book that will reveal the definition of the hood through three sentiments. Antoine is young, ambitious, stubborn, and fearless. Being the stepson of a pastor, at thirteen Antoine gets fully introduced to the street life. 70 percent of Antoine’s outlook tells him to “get it how you live”, while the other 30 percent says “never lose your integrity”. In a world that’s full of gunshots, sirens, and rap music, Antoine gets caught up – But regardless of the crime, a son’s love for his mother will always be justified. Monique represents the female sentiments of the ghetto. Being from the projects, Monique and her home girls are only the typical clubbing click. Even though Monique would rather stay at home and cater to her man Lester, if Lester is never at the house his self, what else is there for her to do? While one of Monique’s home girls lives the life of promiscuity, Monique only wants her man – But if Lester skeletons come out the closet, should she still want him? What’s a hood without its glitter? Jersey Phat will represent the silver and gold glitter of South Side Baton Rouge. Jersey Phat theory is simple; get money, stay out of jail, and shine hard! While Jersey Phat is no doubt a trendsetter, he encounters the rich and famous, and will go down in history as another ghetto legend.